Over 20 Work From Home opportunities for those who know a second language (aka are bilingual)!
This post may contain affiliate links which create a commission to help support the maintenance of this site. Rest assured, there is no additional cost to you should you decide to make a purchase and I only recommend items I myself would use.
Do you rock a second language (aka being bilingual) in addition to English? Wanna work from the comfort of your own home? Well you’re in luck! There happen to be quite a few opportunities to do just that if you are fluent in another language.
How to get this Work From Home position:
- The hiring process may vary from firm to firm but often there will be standard application questions about your background, abilities, interests and past service experience.
- You will likely have to have a special interview or test to check your level of fluency in your other language.
Keep in Mind
- Be prepared to have to demonstrate your ability to fluently carry on a conversation in the language you are applying for work in.
Companies that offer positions for those who are fluent in another language (bilingual):
- Asurion – Bilingual Customer Service Representative positions for those who are bilingual French/English or Spanish/English speaking. Apply here.
- Apple@Home – RCC Chat Customer Service (French Speaking). Apply here.
- Intuit – Bilingual Spanish Turbotax Tax Support (Technical Customer Service). No tax experience or credential needed however if you do have an EA or CPA credential there are also lucrative Tax advice work from home opportunities! Apply for an open position here.
- GMR Transcription – “Transcription of a variety of topics including academic, legal, business, and more. You can create your own schedule and pick and choose how much work you take from us. No experience necessary.” Apply here.
- iSoftstone* – Various project based work in line with search engine and/or social media evaluation as well as transcription. Check out their job opportunities page as there is a wide variety available at any given time.
- Talk2Rep – Bilingual English/ Spanish Customer Service positions available. Apply here.
- ClickWorker: According to their site, “Clickworker.com hires freelancers globally to work at home in data entry, translation, writing and research jobs via a crowdsourcing platform.” Apply here. “How it works: You can sign up as a Clickworker free of charge. You work independently, your schedule is flexible and all you need is a computer and/or mobile device with an Internet connection. You decide when and how much you want to work – on a freelance basis.”
- Transcom – French speaking US Home Agent. Apply here.
- Startek – Cantonese/ Mandarin Customer Care Rep. as well as Customer Care Reps who can speak many other languages! “Since this is a work at home position, you must also reside in one of the following states below: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Nebraska, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming” Apply here (Choose “Startek @Home” on the left).
- Amazon – Japanese Customer Service Representative. Apply here.
- Direct Interactions – Russian or Spanish Customer Service Representative: “CSR Agents are typically paid between $10.00-$12.00 per hour. Currently, we are not hiring from: HI, MA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, or Washington D.C.” Select an open position to apply to here.
- Xact telesolutions – Inbound Service Professional. “This position starts at $9.00 USD per hour for all new candidates. Maximum pay for this position grade with seniority, tenure and experience is $13.00 USD. This position is only open to applicants residing in the following states: FL, GA, MD, ME, NC, TX. Those not residing in those states may apply but will only be contacted when the position is open to that particular state/province.” Apply here.
- Telcare Corp Retention Services – Telephone Survey Agent. Apply here!
- HSN – Spanish speaking Customer Service Representative Representative residing in either TN or FL (Note: “Must live in Hernando, Pasco, Sumter, Citrus, Polk, Hardee, Desoto, Manatee, Sarasota, Orange, Seminole, Brevard, Volusia, or Osceola Counties within the state of Florida.”) Apply to one of these open positions here.
- Next level Solutions – Virtual Independent Agent (Bilingual Spanish) (Sales/ Customer Service type role). Learn more and apply here.
- Arise Virtual Solutions – Seeking Spanish or French speaking Customer Service Representatives. Involves setting up your very own mini-call center business and then choosing the Arise Platform client campaigns you wish to work on. Here are some of their current campaigns. There are costs associated in working with Arise such as a background check and training courses, etc. Read more about the opportunity here. “FYI there are a few states that Arise doesn’t operate in: California, New York, Maryland, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Oregon, and Wisconsin. “
- Liveworld – Bilingual Customer Service Agent. See the post for which languages they are seeking (there are quite a few from Arabic to Spanish and more!!) Apply here.
- Leapforce – According to their job opportunities page they are “experiencing unprecedented demand and growth for qualified home-based independent agents. We are looking for highly educated individuals for an exciting work from home opportunity. Applicants must be self motivated and internet savvy. This is an opportunity to evaluate and improve search engine results for some of the world’s largest internet search engine companies.” Opportunities include ones where you would need to know either Chinese or Spanish.
- BilingualAmerica – Seeking Spanish instructors. To review the job listing and apply, click here.
- Berlitz Part time language instructor positions available for various languages. To explore open positions, click here.
- ICUC – Moderator. “Here at ICUC we have a lot of employment opportunities for experienced social media content moderators or community managers that can work in more than one language. If you can work fluently in English and two or more of the following languages, we’d really like to talk! German, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Arabic, Dutch, Polish, French and Spanish. (Any other languages are an asset as well.)” Apply here.
Do you know another language and want to work from home? Let me know about it in the comments below!