Over 5 Places to sell your handmade items online now!
Make the most awesome crafts or handmade products and would just love to offer them for sale online to increase your monthly sales between craft shows? Or are you like me and you just want to avoid the craft shows all-together?! Check out this list of over 5 places that specialize in helping you to do just that!
Make and sell your very own handmade items or crafts!
Keep in Mind:
- In each case you‚Äôll want to make sure that your item(s) meet the standards for what constitutes ‚Äúhandmade‚ÄĚ. Some platforms don‚Äôt mind if there are parts that are pre-fabricated while others are very strict that every part be original and handcrafted.
- Some platforms will charge a fee to list your items or a fee up to a certain number of items while others will only charge a flat fee monthly for an unlimited number of items.
- Zazzle ‚Äď ‚ÄúReady to create personalized gifts? Zazzle will help you add unique artwork, designs and photos to a huge assortment of products and create one-of-a-kind gifts. Check out our top products below to find great custom gifts for everyone in your life. Everything is made exactly to order and ships quickly.‚ÄĚ With Zazzle, you could start a store online offering the items you‚Äôve created on Zazzle and when an order comes through you could order it from Zazzle and ship it to your customer. Check out this opportunity here.
- Etsy ‚Äď ‚ÄúEtsy is a peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies, as well as unique factory-manufactured items. It doesn‚Äôt take much to list your items and once you make a sale, Etsy‚Äôs transaction fee is just 3.5%.‚ÄĚ Click here to list your first items!
- Handmade@Amazon ‚Äď In order to sell handmade items on Amazon, they ask you first to fill out an application: ‚ÄúTo apply to sell on Handmade at Amazon, you‚Äôll need to complete this application on a desktop or laptop computer, please allow 30 minutes. Before you begin, make sure you have images of your products, your production process, and your workspace(s). Once you submit your application, you should expect to hear back from us within 1 week. Any information you provide will only be used internally to process your application.‚ÄĚ The fee they charge is 15% which according to their site includes payment processing, marketing, fraud protection and provides discounted shipping to your customers. Click here to get started with your application.
- HyenaCart ‚Äď This might be just the option for you if you‚Äôve got a lot of items to sell or if your items don‚Äôt meet other platforms strict definition of ‚ÄúHandmade‚ÄĚ. They simply ask that your items are ‚Äúfamily friendly‚ÄĚ such that the items are free of ‚Äúadult themed content‚ÄĚ. There is a flat fee for set up and listing (there is a one time set up fee and then a $5/mo fee which you can stop paying for up to 2 months at a time if you need to take a much needed vacation. ‚ÄúThere are three ways to sign-up to sell items on Hyena Cart, depending on whether you will be sharing a store, running your own store, or selling used items.‚ÄĚ There is a fee to list which temporarily (as of the time of this writing) has been reduced to just one penny! Go here to learn more and get started! Here is a link to learn more about the costs of selling with them.
- Cafepress ‚Äď ‚ÄúIn just a few easy clicks, create a sale-ready collection of products on CafePress. There’s no shop involved, no shop management – instead we market your products and you earn the money!‚ÄĚ There are other options to earn with CafePress as well: If you already have an online store, ‚ÄúThe Shops service provides an online shop where you can, design, manage, and sell your own branded merchandise on your website. If you already have an audience, this is the pick for you!‚ÄĚ Learn more about CafePress Shops here. If you have a knack for creating fan based items or want to have the opportunity to try your hand at it (and build a portfolio perhaps), ‚ÄúCafePress fan portals make it easy to create T-shirts, bags, coffee mugs, and more for your favorite Television shows, movies, comics, and more! Learn more about fan portals here.
- ShopHandmade ‚Äď A fee-free way to sell your handmade items! You can also sell gently used craft supplies. Learn more or get started here.
- GLC Mall ‚Äď ‚ÄúYour new craft store will give you the opportunity to connect to a worldwide customer base looking for arts and crafts 24 hours a day, seven days a week; you will also become part of a growing online community of crafters, artists, artisans and designers. The GLC Arts and Crafts mall has no hidden fees, that means – No Commissions, No Setup Fees. We have 3 store Plans:
Basic Store – List up to 100 items for a flat rate of $3.50 per month. Semi-Pro Store – List up to 250 items for a flat rate of $6.95 per month. Pro Store. List Unlimited items in your store for a Flat Rate of $12.00 per month. Click here to review these options, choose one and list those items!
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $99.99
- Price: $32.70Was: $39.99
- Price: $21.20
- Price: $6.53Was: $9.99
- Price: $10.08Was: $11.95
Do you have questions about crafting your own items to sell and offering them online? Do you have information on online retail markets to add to this list? Please share in the comments below. I‚Äôm here to help!