Work at Home and Make $1000 or More a month!
This post may contain affiliate links but rest assured, I only suggest products that I would recommend to my own friends and family.
Between soaring gas prices, car upkeep (or even the cost of paying for a car!), keeping a fancy work wardrobe, daycare and paying for lunch every day, it’s amazing we have anything to show for all the time we put in at the office. These days it sure would be nice to be able to work at home in the comfort of your own home, wouldn’t it? It would be even better if it could be done part-time and you could make $1,000 without ever having to take off those ultra-comfy bunny slippers…
Enter this fantastic list: If you work just 25 hours a week at about $10/ hour, you’ll have $1k inside a month. Check out some of these opportunities where you can do just that! Many of these are work at home jobs that are also flexible – if you’ve got just 5 hours to work one day, 4 hours another but a different day of the week you can do say 8 hours, great! Oftentimes, depending on the opportunity you could do more than one of these (say, transcription on Mondays and Wednesdays and freelance writing Thursdays and Saturdays) and earn the money you need. Don’t be afraid to take stock of your money situation, the time you have, and work backwards from a big work from home goal! You can do it- I believe in you!
Customer Service positions:
Why it’s a great choice:
If you love people and have a quiet environment, the work at home world is your oyster so to speak. There are numerous opportunities available in various fields working with different products. In my own experience, it is the most likely type of position for becoming an employee versus an independent contractor and so you are more likely to have benefits. Please keep in mind, not all customer service positions offer part-time hours and not all shifts will always be available as that varies based on the needs of the industry you’d be doing customer service for.
- LiveOps – Insurance Claim Customer Service Representative. “Pay is a quarter per minute of talk time. Calls typically come in weekdays between 9 am and 6 pm eastern time. The hours available can be expanded when catastrophic events occur such as floods, severe storms, or hurricanes.” Apply here for the Insurance Claim Customer Service Role. Inbound sales positions also available. More information about the Inbound Sales role is found here.
- Sitel – “Associates will be required to service inbound calls. Calls may involve billing inquiries, account or product inquiries, product or service orders, installation scheduling or technical product trouble shooting. Our clients come from various industries such as financial services, telecommunications, retail, hospitality and health care.” You would be an employee instead of an Independent Contractor. Apply here.
- Startek – Customer Care Rep. “Since this is a work at home position, you must also reside in one of the following states below: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Nebraska, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming” Apply here (Choose “Startek @Home” on the left).
- Asurion – Bilingual Customer Service Representative positions for those who are bilingual French/English or Spanish/English speaking. Apply here.
- Conduent – Inbound Customer Care positions. Many positions are open (over 100!) and tend to pay about $11/ hour. Apply here.
- Great Virtual Works – Various Campaigns to become a Customer Service agent. Involves setting up your very own mini-call center business and then choosing the Arise Platform client campaigns you wish to work on. Here are some of their current campaigns. There are costs associated in working with GVW such as a background check. Register and learn more information about this opportunity here.
- Convergys – “Sales & Service” Representatives that live in AL, AZ, CO, FL, IA, ID, IN, KA, KY, LA, MN, MS, MO, NM, MI, OH, NY, PA, SC, ND, SD, WV, VA, TN, TX, UT, WA, WI, OK, OR, MT, NE. Apply here.
- Direct Interactions – “CSR Agents are typically paid between $10.00-$12.00 per hour. Currently, we are not hiring from: HI, MA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, or Washington D.C.” Select an open position to apply to here.
- Xact telesolutions – Inbound Service Professional. “This position starts at $9.00 USD per hour for all new candidates. Maximum pay for this position grade with seniority, tenure and experience is $13.00 USD. This position is only open to applicants residing in the following states: FL, GA, MD, ME, NC, TX. Those not residing in those states may apply but will only be contacted when the position is open to that particular state/province.” Apply here.
- HSN – Customer Service Representative residing in either TN or FL (Note: “Must live in Hernando, Pasco, Sumter, Citrus, Polk, Hardee, Desoto, Manatee, Sarasota, Orange, Seminole, Brevard, Volusia, or Osceola Counties within the state of Florida.”) Apply to one of these open positions here.
- Next level Solutions – Virtual Independent Agent (Sales/ Customer Service). Learn more and apply here.
- Ver-a-fast – Customer Service Representative. Ver-A-Fast is not currently recruiting independent contractors in the following states: AK, CA, CO, CT, HI, MA, NV, NY, OR, WA & WI. Fill out this questionnaire to apply.
- Expert planet – Periodically accepts applications for Independent Customer Service/ Sales Agents. For more information about current opportunities click here.
- Micahtek – “There is great demand for phone agents with data entry skills to serve the 24-hour, 7-day a week Call Center. MicahTek provides on-site training and cross-training. Phone agents answer inbound, scripted calls to process product orders, donations, Prayer calls, and special events through data entry directly into the computer systems.” Apply here.
- Angels R Us – Customer Service Representative. NOT HIRING IN THE FOLLOWING STATES: * California* Connecticut* Maryland* Massachusetts* New York* Oregon* Wisconsin Apply here.
- Cox Automotive – Appointment Setter/ Customer Service. “Candidates can live in IL, WI or IA but must be able to drive into Dubuque, IA once a month for team meetings.” Apply here.
- Arise Virtual Solutions – Involves setting up your very own mini-call center business and then choosing the Arise Platform client campaigns you wish to work on. Here are some of their current campaigns. There are costs associated in working with Arise such as a background check and training courses, etc. Read more about the opportunity here. “FYI there are a few states that Arise doesn’t operate in: California, New York, Maryland, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Oregon, and Wisconsin.
- Travel Leaders Group – Travel Specialist, requires 3-5 years’ experience. For more information or to Apply click here.
- Concentrix – Work At Home Anywhere US: Customer Product and Purchase Expert (Full Time or Part Time), also hiring for Customer Product Support Advisor (FULL or PART TIME). Apply here.
- Intuit – Turbotax Tax Support (Technical Customer Service) roles are available seasonally from about December/January through the tax season. Pays about $16+/hour depending upon experience. No tax experience or credential needed however if you do have an EA or CPA credential there are also lucrative Tax advice work at home opportunities! Apply for an open position here.
- Working Solutions – Sales and Customer Service Representative. “We are currently not accepting applications from candidates residing in CA, NY, PA or WA.” Apply here!
- Hubstaff – Customer Support and QA technician (Technical Customer Service) see the job description for details and to apply.
- Liveworld – Bilingual Customer Service Agent. See the post for which languages they are seeking (there are quite a few from Arabic to Spanish and more!!) Apply here.
Freelance Writing positions:
Why it’s a great choice:
If you’re a trained or natural-born writer (I admire you) and you’re looking for something paid while you build your portfolio or you’re just seeking some cash while you work to hit it big, there are a ton of opportunities to earn money pretty quickly. Below offers just a handful of places to help you get started.
- Great Content – “If you love to write, can turn your mind to a wide variety of subjects and can work effectively with clients from around the world, you could be the ideal fit for our pool of writing talent. Apply to join and within days you could be taking on orders from clients as diverse as property firms to fashion labels.
- Pure Content – Competitive but certainly if you feel you can produce high quality content! (Did I mention that I toats believe in you? 🙂 ) Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a sample of your writing. They also noted: “If you would like to become an editor, we will send you a test piece to complete.”
- Online writing jobs – Get paid just for applying! all accepted pieces get paid $10! Even if you don’t technically have experience you can use their writing instructions to create a piece of content for them. Apply here.
- Crowd Content – According to their site they are offering these work from home opportunities (as of the time of this writing):
- “Writer – Enterprise Clients
- Editor – Enterprise Clients
- Writer – Bloomingdale’s Category Descriptions (Closed)
- Writer – Marketplace
- Writer – Best Buy Product Descriptions
- Editor – Best Buy Product Descriptions
- Editor – Marketplace
Note: if a Work Opportunity you are interested in is currently “Closed”, you can still create your Worker Account and apply for the opportunity later when it opens up.” Apply here.
- eZdia – “Our projects range from product descriptions to blog posts to in-depth technical articles. Most of the current projects are for eCommerce content. You’ll be paid on a per word agreement, based on the word count of the final draft. The amount varies from project to project. Usually we have plenty of work available; however, the amount of work does rise and fall with the number of orders we get from our clients.” Apply here.
Why it’s a great choice:
Much like data entry positions, this offers you the flexibility to work at home in a relatively simple job without having to speak with anyone or problem solve. So, if you’ve got a quiet environment and you’re a good listener this could be your ticket to steady work without getting stuck working a shift you might not be able (or willing) to do.
- 1 888 Type it up – This transcription service pays among the highest that we’ve ever found. Here’s what they have to say “transcriptionists make $36 to $180 per audio hour, and we strive to pay at least $1 to $2 per audio minute ($60 to $120 per audio hour) and higher when possible.” Apply here.
- Rev – Make money weekly typing (paid via PayPal)! As you do more and more assignments accurately you make more. You can do as much or as little as you want. Apply here. Pay starts out at $ 0.40 – 0.65/ cents per audio minute and goes up from there. “As a rookie, all of your projects will be sent to Quality Control to provide you feedback on your work. The scores you receive from Quality Control determine your metrics and are very important. You will need to maintain certain metrics to continue working with Rev.” After 100 audio minutes transcribed you are eligible to get a pay raise! Captioning with Rev opens occasionally and requires 70 WPM. Apply here.
- CastingWords– “Transcribe, edit, and complete other short jobs online, at your own pace. Work as much or as little as you want, when you want.” Apply here.
- TranscribeMe – Pays the highest in the industry according to their site as of the time of this writing: “We have the industry’s best rates, with earnings starting at $20 per audio hour and top monthly earnings at $2,200 (average monthly earnings are $250). Transcriptionists with specialized backgrounds in Medical & Legal are paid a higher rate.” Apply here.
- Scribie – Requires a Paypal account. Pays $5-20 / audio hour for short audio files that are 6 minutes long or less. Apply here.
- GMR Transcription – “Transcription of a variety of topics including academic, legal, business, and more. You can create your own schedule and pick and choose how much work you take from us. No experience necessary.” Apply here.
Why it’s a great choice:
Love customer service but don’t have a quiet enough background to make that cut? Enter the email/chat customer service role. It could be the answer to that challenge for you.
- TheChatShop – Must be able to type at least 80 WPM. To apply you’ll need to answer the questions below and “email your CV [resume] and your completed responses to email@example.com
- I would make a great part of the team because…
- I am most interested in learning…
- I think I can teach you…
- A perfect live chat is one which…”
- Site Staff – Chat hosts need to be able to carry on 3-4 chats at a time and type 65 – 70 WPM. Apply here.
- Needle – Occasionally has open chat positions but they can go quickly. Go here for more information.
Scoring and/or grading positions:
Why it’s a great choice:
If you’ve got a teaching certification and/or a master’s in teaching but are between gigs this is a great option to help you make some fairly quick cash and work at home at the same time.
- ETS – “Constructed-response scoring professionals evaluate samples of performance such as written short answers or essays, spoken responses and portfolios. Work takes place online and at scoring sites throughout the United States.” Apply here.
- Measurement, Inc – “For remote readers: Access to a home computer, secure high-speed internet, and a work area that can be secured.” A bachelor’s degree in any topic is acceptable. Training is paid! Apply here.
- WriteScore – Score student’s writing prompt responses. No experience necessary. “Our scoring season will begin with the first training in early July. We are looking for conscientious people to read and score student responses. Evaluators first undergo training, pass the qualifying levels, and then score actual student responses. During training, trainees will analyze student papers to learn the scoring system, score practice papers, and discuss the results with lead trainers. Additionally, all trainees must pass a qualifying test to become a scorer. Write Score has scorer positions available throughout the school year and the position requires scorers who have 4-year college degree and pass the final qualifying test.” Pay is rumored to start at $9/hour but could be over $14. Apply here.
- Pearson – “Pearson is the most comprehensive provider of educational assessment products, services and solutions. A trusted partner in district, state, and national assessments for more than 50 years, Pearson helps administrators, teachers, parents, and students use assessment and research to promote learning and academic achievement.” If you are located in the US, have a bachelor’s degree, a phone and internet, you can do this scoring job! You’ll fill out an application, a survey and then do a test to see if you are a good fit to score assessments for them. Apply here.
What questions about working from home do you have? Tell me in the comments below about your questions and concerns. I’m here to help!
Love this work at home post? Want more, PLUS other great information about working from home such as “How to stay Work From Home Fit”, Tips to avoid Work at Home Scams, and How to Beat Work From Home Overwhelm while setting yourself up for Work at Home Success? Make sure that you Subscribe and put Kellyloren@TheWorkFromHomeCoach.com on your safe senders list (Keep me out of the spam folder pretty please! 😊 ) You can also follow me on Pinterest and Follow my blog with Bloglovin