Legitimate Fee-Free Data Entry Work From Home!
This post may contain affiliate links but rest assured that I only suggest products that I’d recommend to my friends and family as well.
Though these positions can tend to come and go quickly data entry is the go-to position for many a person wanting to work from home. What’s not to love? If you can type quickly, you typically have the flexibility to take on as much or as little work as you want all without ever having to touch the phone!
Why data entry might be for you/ Who the role is right for:
- Background noise? No problem. Data entry doesn’t even require that you pick up the phone and speak with anyone!
- Someone who needs a lot of flexibility in their schedule.
- Someone seeking something part-time or seasonal in nature.
How to get this Work From Home position:
- Be prepared to either prove how quickly you can type or work on those skills here for free!
- Have a keen ear for multiple speakers and be ready to pick them out.
Keep in Mind
- Many of these types of jobs can be seasonal and often, if not on this list, could potentially be scams. Concerned about how to spot scams? Read my article here.
ClickWorker: According to their site, “Clickworker.com hires freelancers globally to work at home in data entry, translation, writing and research jobs via a crowd-sourcing platform.” Apply here. “How it works: You can sign up as a Clickworker free of charge. You work independently, your schedule is flexible and all you need is a computer and/or mobile device with an Internet connection. You decide when and how much you want to work – on a freelance basis.”
MicroWorkers: To locate data entry opportunities with MicroWorkers, simply sign up on their site here then follow their instructions – “click on the Tasks link and browse through the hundreds of listed tasks. Each task will display a set of instructions, the time to complete it and the amount you will earn for finishing the job. If you believe you can finish the task, click on “I accept this job” to accept this job, and the page will display a form where you can enter the proof required by the Employer. Otherwise, click on “Not interested in this job” if you do not wish to perform the job.””
- Must type at least 60 wpm with accuracy.
- Computer Skills including internet, e-mail, e-mail attachments, downloading and
- Candidate will ensure that projects stay on schedule
with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Home Desktop Computer (Dual monitor/computers a plus).
- Computer running Windows XP x32 bit operating system (dual-boot accepted)
Stable Internet Connection (Cable or DSL a plus).
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
Zirtual : Virtual Assistant work that could very likely include data entry. To apply you send an email to email@example.com . For more information you can visit their website: https://www.zirtual.com/zirtual-assistants
The SmartCrowd: Got skills and looking for a place to use them to make cash from home? Rather than being judged on a resume or experience, take a quick evaluation and get work based on your results. Apply here. Requirements: “You must be at least 18 years of age. Your country of residence must be your uninterrupted residence for the duration of your participation in the Lionbridge crowd. You must complete at least one placement evaluation before you can be considered for work. You will only be allowed to work on those tasks related to the talent you’ve demonstrated. The higher you score, the greater your chance to take on tasks and be paid for work!
Cass information systems: Offsite Invoice Payment Specialist. “The Offsite Invoice Payment Specialist operates a PC in a work-at-home environment, entering data to pay freight invoices and report information.” Pay is estimated to be between $29 – 30k/ year. Listings say they are located in OH or MO but after training the work would be completed from your home office. Apply here.
Want even more options? Consider also signing up for free on Fiverr or Gigbucks and offering data entry as a service!