Top Email and Chat Jobs!
This post may contain affiliate links which create a commission to help support the maintenance of this site. Rest assured, there is no additional cost to you should you decide to make a purchase and I only recommend items I myself would use.
Do you love to help people? Do you have a great eye for details, can type fast and can handle one or more chat conversations at the same time while doing internet research and typing? If so, email/ chat customer service may be the ideal fit for you! This is a wonderful field where you can work from home and you can even get away with having a noisy background!
Email and/or Chat Customer Service
Why an Email and Chat Representative position might be for you:
- You have background noise and need a position that can work around that
- You love people and helping them solve challenges but you need or really want not to have to be on the phone all day
- You can type quickly (50 WPH+) under pressure (it’s possible you’ll need to chat to more than one person at a time). Need to spruce up your typing or see how fast you can type? Go here to test your speed.
How to get this Work From Home position:
- The hiring process may vary from firm to firm but often there will likely be standard application questions about your background, abilities, interests and past service experience.
- You may need to have a resume
- When applying highlight typing speed, and experience in providing excellent customer service. (Big plus if you have prior chat or email experience)
Keep in Mind
- Most email and chat customer service positions require Internet, and a computer as well as the ability to type quickly.
Companies that offer Email/Chat positions:
- Apple@Home – RCC Chat Customer Service (French Speaking). Apply here.
- Talk2Rep – Sales and Customer Service positions available. Apply here.
- Dyson – Customer Experience Specialist/ Online Advisor. Click here to apply.
- TheChatShop – Must be able to type at least 80 WPM. To apply you’ll need to answer the questions below and “email your CV [resume] and your completed responses to firstname.lastname@example.org
- I would make a great part of the team because…
- I am most interested in learning…
- I think I can teach you…
- A perfect live chat is one which…”
- Site Staff – Chat hosts need to be able to carry on 3-4 chats at a time and type 65 – 70 WPM. Apply here.
- Needle – Occasionally has open chat positions but they can go quickly. Go here for more information.
A day in the life
In my personal experience, juggling multiple chats was a decent experience in that I got to connect with a lot of people in a short amount of time. For me, the downside was that I needed a lot of quiet so I could really focus. Working a sales chat job with a newborn is not advised… well, at least not for me!
What questions do you have about becoming an email and chat representative? Do you have information on companies to add to this list? Please share in the comments below. I’m here to help!