Non-Phone Work From Home Job Jackpot!
This post may contain affiliate links which create a commission to help support the maintenance of this site. Rest assured, there is no additional cost to you should you decide to make a purchase and I only recommend items I myself would use.
Want to work from home really badly but just need to avoid being on the phone? Maybe you’re burnt out on being on the phones or your background noise prevents you from being able to make that happen. I totally get it! What ever the case may be here is a whole list of opportunities just for you! This list is an ongoing work in progress so please check back regularly as I’m adding non-phone work from home jobs all the time! As always, if you’ve got questions please leave a comment below. I’m here to help!
Companies that offer Data Entry positions:
- ClickWorker: According to their site, “Clickworker.com hires freelancers globally to work at home in data entry, translation, writing and research jobs via a crowdsourcing platform.” Apply here. “How it works: You can sign up as a Clickworker free of charge. You work independently, your schedule is flexible and all you need is a computer and/or mobile device with an Internet connection. You decide when and how much you want to work – on a freelance basis.”
- MicroWorkers: To locate data entry opportunities with MicroWorkers, simply sign up on their site here then follow their instructions – “click on the Tasks link and browse through the hundreds of listed tasks. Each task will display a set of instructions, the time to complete it and the amount you will earn for finishing the job. If you believe you can finish the task, click on “I accept this job” to accept this job, and the page will display a form where you can enter the proof required by the Employer. Otherwise, click on “Not interested in this job” if you do not wish to perform the job.””
- Dion Data: Instructions to apply are located here and they ask that you meet these requirements:
- Must type at least 60 wpm with accuracy.
- Computer Skills including internet, e-mail, e-mail attachments, downloading and
- Candidate will ensure that projects stay on schedule
with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Home Desktop Computer (Dual monitor/computers a plus).
- Computer running Windows XP x32 bit operating system (dual boot accepted)
Stable Internet Connection (Cable or DSL a plus).
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Zirtual – Virtual Assistant work that could very likely include data entry. To apply you send an email to email@example.com . For more information you can visit their website: https://www.zirtual.com/zirtual-assistants
- The SmartCrowd: Got skills and looking for a place to use them to make cash from home? Rather than being judged on a resume or experience, take a quick evaluation and get work based on your results. Apply here. Requirements:
- “You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Your country of residence must be your uninterrupted residence for the duration of your participation in the Lionbridge crowd.
- You must complete at least one placement evaluation before you can be considered for work. You will only be allowed to work on those tasks related to the talent you’ve demonstrated. The higher you score, the greater your chance to take on tasks and be paid for work!”
- Cass information systems – Offsite Invoice Payment Specialist. “The Offsite Invoice Payment Specialist operates a PC in a work-at-home environment, entering data to pay freight invoices and report information.” Pay is estimated to be between $29 – 30k/ year. Listings say they are located in OH or MO but after training the work would be completed from your home office. Apply here.
Companies that offer Courthouse Research positions:
- Information Technologies – Independent Contractor work pulling data related to tax liens and/ or bankruptcies. “Currently we are in search of Court Abstractors/Data Collectors in various regions around the nation. This is an independent contractor position.” To apply, click here.
- com – You’ll be an independent contractor, and be paid weekly by direct deposit. “An Average researcher needs 4 to 6 weeks to reach full earning potential. This is because it takes time to learn the job. We provide all the tools, training and encouragement for your success, but you will need to provide perseverance, commitment and determination.” Top researchers earn somewhere around $15 – 20/hour. Interested? Apply here.
- Advanced Background Check – Document Retrieval and background check research. Note: Application asks questions pertaining to your company name, your experience and if you carry insurance against errors and omissions. If interested, apply here.
- JBS Research – Courthouse research position (Independent Contractor). Start your application here.
- First National Acceptance Co. – “his is a part-time, independent contractor position that consists of locating and recording the names and addresses of sellers of owner-financed real estate notes. Only a small amount of information is collected so the research is not in-depth or detailed. In many courthouses research is available on computer. Opportunities exist in multiple counties so once the research is caught up in a given county, additional counties may be available for research. Payment is made on a per name basis, often adding up to $12.00 per hour or more. New counties that have not been assigned in the past offer an opportunity for immediate income potential. Researchers are expected to visit the county courthouse on a regular basis in order to keep the research caught up.” Apply here!
- Sunlark Research – “We generally are picking up very basic information from the documents available, such as names and addresses. We then enter the information into database or spreadsheet software, depending on the needs of the client. The amount of work available in a given county depends on the population base and growth and mobility of the area as well as on the type(s) of assignments we have available in your area. A very small county (i.e., under 10,000 residents) may have less than one hour of work per month while a very large county (i.e., over 1 million population) can sometimes keep a fast-working researcher busy for several hours each week.” Apply here.
- Sentinel Data Retrieval – “We are always looking for qualified, accurate and reliable researchers and court retrievers.” Collect background check data. Click here to apply.
Companies that hire for Search Engine and Social Media Evaluation:
- Appen – Frequently has projects that, though competitive, allow you to use your Facebook feed to help them find out what kind of content is most popular. At the time I personally held this position, it paid over $13/ hour. The position is called Social Media Evaluator.
Appen also hires Search Engine Evaluators in which you’ll help them discern if search engines are producing relevant results.
- Lionbridge is similar to Appen in that they also have positions open for Social Media evaluators and Search Engine Evaluators. Click here for their jobs pages so you can apply!
- Leapforce – According to their job opportunities page they are “experiencing unprecedented demand and growth for qualified home-based independent agents. We are looking for highly educated individuals for an exciting work from home opportunity. Applicants must be self motivated and internet savvy. This is an opportunity to evaluate and improve search engine results for some of the world’s largest internet search engine companies.”
- iSoftstone – Various project based work in line with search engine and/or social media evaluation. Check out their job opportunities page as there is a wide variety available at any given time.
Companies that offer Freelance Writing positions:
- Domainite – Send them a writing sample after following their instructions. Apply here.
- Great Content – “If you love to write, can turn your mind to a wide variety of subjects and can work effectively with clients from around the world, you could be the ideal fit for our pool of writing talent. Apply to join and within days you could be taking on orders from clients as diverse as property firms to fashion labels.
- Pure Content – Competitive but certainly if you feel you can produce high quality content! (Did I mention that I toats believe in you? 🙂 ) Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a sample of your writing. They also noted: “If you would like to become an editor, we will send you a test piece to complete.”
- Online writing jobs – Get paid just for applying! all accepted pieces get paid $10! Even if you don’t technically have experience you can use their writing instructions to create a piece of content for them. Apply here.
- Crowd Content – According to their site they are offering these work from home opportunities (as of the time of this writing):
- “Writer – Enterprise Clients
- Editor – Enterprise Clients
- Writer – Bloomingdale’s Category Descriptions (Closed)
- Writer – Marketplace
- Writer – Best Buy Product Descriptions
- Editor – Best Buy Product Descriptions
- Editor – Marketplace
Note: if a Work Opportunity you are interested in is currently “Closed”, you can still create your Worker Account and apply for the opportunity later when it opens up.” Apply here.
- eZdia – “Our projects range from product descriptions to blog posts to in-depth technical articles. Most of the current projects are for eCommerce content. You’ll be paid on a per word agreement, based on the word count of the final draft. The amount varies from project to project. Usually we have plenty of work available; however, the amount of work does rise and fall with the number of orders we get from our clients.” Apply here.
Companies that offer transcriptions positions
- 1 888 Type it up – This transcription service pays among the highest that we’ve ever found. Here’s what they have to say “transcriptionists make $36 to $180 per audio hour, and we strive to pay at least $1 to $2 per audio minute ($60 to $120 per audio hour) and higher when possible.” Apply here.
- Rev – Make money weekly typing (paid via Paypal)! As you do more and more assignments accurately you make more. You can do as much or as little as you want. Apply here. Pay starts out at $ 0.40 – 0.65/ cents per audio minute and goes up from there. “As a rookie, all of your projects will be sent to Quality Control to provide you feedback on your work. The scores you receive from Quality Control determine your metrics and are very important. You will need to maintain certain metrics to continue working with Rev.” After 100 audio minutes transcribed you are eligible to get a pay raise!
Captioning with Rev opens occasionally and requires 70 WPM. Apply here.
- CastingWords– “Transcribe, edit, and complete other short jobs online, at your own pace. Work as much or as little as you want, when you want.” Apply here.
- TranscribeMe – Pays the highest in the industry according to their site as of the time of this writing: “We have the industry’s best rates, with earnings starting at $20 per audio hour and top monthly earnings at $2,200 (average monthly earnings are $250). Transcriptionists with specialized backgrounds in Medical & Legal are paid a higher rate.” Apply here.
- Scribie – Requires a Paypal account. Pays $5-20 / audio hour for short audio files that are 6 minutes long or less. Apply here.
- GMR Transcription – “Transcription of a variety of topics including academic, legal, business, and more. You can create your own schedule and pick and choose how much work you take from us. No experience necessary.” Apply here.
Companies that offer Email/Chat positions:
- Apple@Home – RCC Chat Customer Service (French Speaking). Apply here.
- Talk2Rep – Sales and Customer Service positions available. Apply here.
- Dyson – Customer Experience Specialist/ Online Advisor. Click here to apply.
- TheChatShop – Must be able to type at least 80 WPM. To apply you’ll need to answer the questions below and “email your CV [resume] and your completed responses to email@example.com
- I would make a great part of the team because…
- I am most interested in learning…
- I think I can teach you…
- A perfect live chat is one which…”
- Site Staff – Chat hosts need to be able to carry on 3-4 chats at a time and type 65 – 70 WPM. Apply here.
- Needle – Occasionally has open chat positions but they can go quickly. Go here for more information.
Companies that offer scoring and/or grading positions:
- ETS – “Constructed-response scoring professionals evaluate samples of performance such as written short answers or essays, spoken responses and portfolios. Work takes place online and at scoring sites throughout the United States.” Apply here.
- Measurement, Inc – “For remote readers: Access to a home computer, secure high-speed internet, and a work area that can be secured.” A bachelor’s degree in any topic is acceptable. Training is paid! Apply here.
- WriteScore – Score student’s writing prompt responses. No experience necessary. “Our scoring season will begin with the first training in early July. We are looking for conscientious people to read and score student responses. Evaluators first undergo training, pass the qualifying levels, and then score actual student responses. During training, trainees will analyze student papers to learn the scoring system, score practice papers, and discuss the results with lead trainers. Additionally, all trainees must pass a qualifying test to become a scorer. Write Score has scorer positions available throughout the school year and the position requires scorers who have 4-year college degree and pass the final qualifying test.” Pay is rumored to start at $9/hour but could be over $14. Apply here.
- Pearson – “Pearson is the most comprehensive provider of educational assessment products, services and solutions. A trusted partner in district, state, and national assessments for more than 50 years, Pearson helps administrators, teachers, parents, and students use assessment and research to promote learning and academic achievement.” If you are located in the US, have a bachelor’s degree, a phone and internet, you can do this scoring job! You’ll fill out an application, a survey and then do a test to see if you are a good fit to score assessments for them. Apply here.
Non-Phone Work From Home Entrepreneurial Opportunities:
While these opportunities don’t employ you as an Independent Contractor or Employee, these are legitimate opportunities where you can use your skills combined with these established platforms to offer handmade items or courses you’ve put together for sale.
Handmade item Sales Online
- Zazzle – “Ready to create personalized gifts? Zazzle will help you add unique artwork, designs and photos to a huge assortment of products and create one-of-a-kind gifts. Check out our top products below to find great custom gifts for everyone in your life. Everything is made exactly to order and ships quickly.” With Zazzle, you could start a store online offering the items you’ve created on Zazzle and when an order comes through you could order it from Zazzle and ship it to your customer. Check out this opportunity here.
- Etsy – “Etsy is a peer-to-peer e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and supplies, as well as unique factory-manufactured items. It doesn’t take much to list your items and once you make a sale, Etsy’s transaction fee is just 3.5%.” Click here to list your first items!
- Handmade@Amazon – In order to sell handmade items on Amazon, they ask you first to fill out an application: “To apply to sell on Handmade at Amazon, you’ll need to complete this application on a desktop or laptop computer, please allow 30 minutes. Before you begin, make sure you have images of your products, your production process, and your workspace(s). Once you submit your application, you should expect to hear back from us within 1 week. Any information you provide will only be used internally to process your application.” The fee they charge is 15% which according to their site includes payment processing, marketing, fraud protection and provides discounted shipping to your customers. Click here to get started with your application.
- HyenaCart – This might be just the option for you if you’ve got a lot of items to sell or if your items don’t meet other platforms strict definition of “Handmade”. They simply ask that your items are “family friendly” such that the items are free of “adult themed content”. There is a flat fee for set up and listing (there is a one time set up fee and then a $5/mo fee which you can stop paying for up to 2 months at a time if you need to take a much needed vacation. “There are three ways to sign-up to sell items on Hyena Cart, depending on whether you will be sharing a store, running your own store, or selling used items.” There is a fee to list which temporarily (as of the time of this writing) has been reduced to just one penny! Go here to learn more and get started! Here is a link to learn more about the costs of selling with them.
- Cafepress – “In just a few easy clicks, create a sale-ready collection of products on CafePress. There’s no shop involved, no shop management – instead we market your products and you earn the money!” There are other options to earn with CafePress as well: If you already have an online store, “The Shops service provides an online shop where you can, design, manage, and sell your own branded merchandise on your website. If you already have an audience, this is the pick for you!” Learn more about CafePress Shops here. If you have a knack for creating fan based items or want to have the opportunity to try your hand at it (and build a portfolio perhaps), “CafePress fan portals make it easy to create T-shirts, bags, coffee mugs, and more for your favorite Television shows, movies, comics, and more! Learn more about fan portals here.
- ShopHandmade – A fee-free way to sell your handmade items! You can also sell gently used craft supplies. Learn more or get started here.
- GLC Mall – “Your new craft store will give you the opportunity to connect to a worldwide customer base looking for arts and crafts 24 hours a day, seven days a week; you will also become part of a growing online community of crafters, artists, artisans and designers. The GLC Arts and Crafts mall has no hidden fees, that means – No Commissions, No Setup Fees. We have 3 store Plans:
Basic Store – List up to 100 items for a flat rate of $3.50 per month. Semi-Pro Store – List up to 250 items for a flat rate of $6.95 per month. Pro Store. List Unlimited items in your store for a Flat Rate of $12.00 per month. Click here to review these options, choose one and list those items!
Offer a Class Opportunities
- Academy of Mine – “All-in-one Platform to Create, Sell and Market Courses.” Click here to view a demo and create your own academy!
- Udemy – “Teach what you know, or teach what you love. You can create a course on almost anything. Millions of students are waiting, eager to learn and we’re here to help you make it happen.” Click here to get started!
- Teachable – “Create a course for free in minutes with Teachable. Get started with just your email and the name of your school. Access everything you need to build rich, interactive lectures. Showcase a stunning school with your own branding. Build a vibrant community around your school. Attract students and sell your online courses.” This link will provide you with a “complete free bundle of resources to help you create an online course.”
- Open Learning
- eCoach – “Transform The Way You Teach With Interactive Courses. Offers Unlimited Storage. Get Started Now For Free.
- Litmos – Helps you create training courses. No credit card required to start. Begin your free trail here!
- Eliademy – “Eliademy is a free e-learning platform (LMS) that allows educators and students to create, share and manage online courses.” Start here.
- Thinkific – “Empowering modern course creators. Start with our Forever Free Plan. No credit card required.” Go here to get started.
- WizIQ – “Easy to use integrated learning delivery platform for instructors and institutions”. Create your course today here.
- Skillshare – “You’ll earn money every time a student takes your class. Top teachers make up to $40,000 a year. Plus, creating classes is easy with our simple format and supportive community.” Get started here.
- Ruzuku – “Everything you need to connect with your audience, create inspiring content, and change the world.” 14 day trial offered here!
- Educadium – “Educadium makes it easy for organizations and individuals to reach learners around the world. In minutes, you can create a branded EasyCampus to store digital materials and create cost-effective online classes for knowledge sharing, assessment, and certification.” Start creating your course for free here!
- Learnworlds – “Build a beautiful, social & interactive online school to create, host and sell online courses. Setup in 5′ minutes – No Coding Required – 30 Days Free Trial.” Start for free here.
- Moodle – Open source website that allows instructors to create courses. “net connects you with free courses and content shared by Moodle users all over the world.” How to create a course.
- Clickbank – Great place to market a course you’ve already created. Click here for details about how to set up your course on Clickbank so you can market it and promote it.
What makes you interested in a non-phone work from home position?