Make a full time income at home as a Customer Service Representative!
This post may contain affiliate links but rest assured, I only suggest products that I would recommend to friends and family.
Do you love to help people? Do you have a great eye for details and can handle research while holding a conversation? If so, customer service may be the ideal fit for you! This is a wonderful field where you can work from home.
Work from Home Customer Service
Why Customer service might be for you:
- Choose a shift that works for your lifestyle
- You love people and helping them solve challenges
- Get lots of experience quickly working with the public in an industry that may be new to you
How to get this Work From Home position:
- The hiring process may vary from firm to firm but often there will be standard application questions about your background, abilities, interests and past service experience.
- Highlight examples of times you helped solve problems or challenges utilizing keen listening skills and/or times you were able to juggle (and helped to resolve) various challenges while remaining calm and collected.
Keep in Mind
- Most Customer Service positions require:
- a computer
- a quiet place where you can take calls during your entire shift
- a headset (see specific company requirements)
Companies that offer Customer Service positions:
[bctt tweet=”Are you detail-oriented and can handle research while holding a conversation? If so, customer service from home may be the ideal fit for you! ” username=”TheWFHCoach”]
- LiveOps – Insurance Claim Customer Service Representative. “Pay is a quarter per minute of talk time. Calls typically come in weekdays between 9 am and 6 pm eastern time. The hours available can be expanded when catastrophic events occur such as floods, severe storms, or hurricanes.” Apply here for the Insurance Claim Customer Service Role. Inbound sales positions also available. More information about the Inbound Sales role is found here.
- Sitel – “Associates will be required to service inbound calls. Calls may involve billing inquiries, account or product inquiries, product or service orders, installation scheduling or technical product trouble shooting. Our clients come from various industries such as financial services, telecommunications, retail, hospitality and health care.” You would be an employee instead of an Independent Contractor. Apply here.
- Sykes/ Alpine Access – Scroll down for opportunities in the US or Canada. Apply here.
- Accolade – Hiring Independent Customer Service Agents. Apply using the Agent application here.
- Transcom – US Home Agent. Apply here.
- Holland America – Direct Reservation Sales Agent. Apply here.
- Blooms Today – Independent Sales Agent. Apply here.
- Apple – At Home Advisor. Apply here.
- NexRep – Inbound/Outbound and email Customer Service. Apply here.
- Startek – Customer Care Rep. “Since this is a work at home position, you must also reside in one of the following states below: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Nebraska, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming” Apply here (Choose “Startek @Home” on the left).
- Sutherland – Gaming Consultant. Apply here.
- Asurion – Bilingual Customer Service Representative positions for those who are bilingual French/English or Spanish/English speaking. Apply here.
- Conduent – Inbound Customer Care. Apply here.
- Great Virtual Works – Various Campaigns to become a Customer Service agent. Involves setting up your very own mini-call center business and then choosing the Arise Platform client campaigns you wish to work on. Here are some of their current campaigns. There are costs associated in working with GVW such as a background check. Register and learn more information about this opportunity here.
- Amazon Restaurants – Merchant Support Associate. Apply here.
- Convergys – “Sales & Service” Representatives that live in AL, AZ, CO, FL, IA, ID, IN, KA, KY, LA, MN, MS, MO, NM, MI, OH, NY, PA, SC, ND, SD, WV, VA, TN, TX, UT, WA, WI, OK, OR, MT, NE. Apply here.
- Direct Interactions – “CSR Agents are typically paid between $10.00-$12.00 per hour. Currently, we are not hiring from: HI, MA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, or Washington D.C.” Select an open position to apply to here.
- Xact telesolutions – Inbound Service Professional. “This position starts at $9.00 USD per hour for all new candidates. Maximum pay for this position grade with seniority, tenure and experience is $13.00 USD. This position is only open to applicants residing in the following states: FL, GA, MD, ME, NC, TX. Those not residing in those states may apply but will only be contacted when the position is open to that particular state/province.” Apply here.
- Telcare Corp Retention Services – Telephone Survey Agent. Apply here!
- HSN – Customer Service Representative residing in either TN or FL (Note: “Must live in Hernando, Pasco, Sumter, Citrus, Polk, Hardee, Desoto, Manatee, Sarasota, Orange, Seminole, Brevard, Volusia, or Osceola Counties within the state of Florida.”) Apply to one of these open positions here.
- Next level Solutions – Virtual Independent Agent (Sales/ Customer Service). Learn more and apply here.
- Ver-a-fast – Customer Service Representative. Ver-A-Fast is not currently recruiting independent contractors in the following states: AK, CA, CO, CT, HI, MA, NV, NY, OR, WA & WI. Fill out this questionnaire to apply.
- Frontline Call center – Call Center Customer Service Agent. Apply here.
- Alorica – Various CSR opportunities. Check out open positions and choose one to apply to here.
- Expert planet – Periodically accepts applications for Independent Customer Service/ Sales Agents. For more information about current opportunities click here.
- Micahtek – “There is great demand for phone agents with data entry skills to serve the 24-hour, 7-day a week Call Center. MicahTek provides on-site training and cross-training. Phone agents answer inbound, scripted calls to process product orders, donations, Prayer calls, and special events through data entry directly into the computer systems.” Apply here.
- VIPdesk – Customer Service Positions, both Full and Part time opportunities available. Apply here.
- Service800 – Customer Service Representative. Prior experience required. Apply here.
- AnswerConnect: Occasionally has remote Business Support Associate positions. Check here to apply.
- Angels R Us – Customer Service Representative. NOT HIRING IN THE FOLLOWING STATES: * California* Connecticut* Maryland* Massachusetts* New York* Oregon* Wisconsin Apply here.
- Cox Automotive – Appointment Setter/ Customer Service. “Candidates can live in IL, WI or IA but must be able to drive into Dubuque, IA once a month for team meetings.” Apply here.
- Arise Virtual Solutions – Involves setting up your very own mini-call center business and then choosing the Arise Platform client campaigns you wish to work on. Here are some of their current campaigns. There are costs associated in working with Arise such as a background check and training courses, etc. Read more about the opportunity here. “FYI there are a few states that Arise doesn’t operate in: California, New York, Maryland, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Oregon, and Wisconsin.
- Travel Leaders Group – Travel Specialist, requires 3-5 years’ experience. For more information or to Apply click here.
- Concentrix – Work At Home Anywhere US: Customer Product and Purchase Expert (Full Time or Part Time), also hiring for Customer Product Support Advisor (FULL or PART TIME). Apply here.
- Intuit – Turbotax Tax Support (Technical Customer Service). No tax experience or credential needed however if you do have an EA or CPA credential there are also lucrative Tax advice work from home opportunities! Apply for an open position here.
- Working Solutions – Sales and Customer Service Representative. “We are currently not accepting applications from candidates residing in CA, NY, PA or WA.” Apply here!
- Hubstaff – Customer Support and QA technician (Technical Customer Service) see the job description for details and to apply.
- Liveworld – Bilingual Customer Service Agent. See the post for which languages they are seeking (there are quite a few from Arabic to Spanish and more!!) Apply here.
A day in the life
For me, being in a customer service role at Intuit Turbo Tax was great! I loved getting to know the Turbo Tax software, the people I worked with were amazingly resourceful and friendly and training prepared me well for taking tax support calls. I love helping people and listening for ways I can pleasantly surprise customers so not only did my performance reflect this, Intuit rewarded it consistently with a really nice bonus at the end of the tax season and gift cards throughout the season! As an aside (but certainly not the least of the benefits of working for Intuit, but the pay starts at about $16/ hour!)
Are you interested in customer service from home? What questions or thoughts do you have? Let me know in the comments below!