Make a Full time income as a Virtual Assistant!
This post may contain affiliate links which create a commission to help support the maintenance of this site. Rest assured, there is no additional cost to you should you decide to make a purchase and I only recommend items I myself would use.
This profession can be worked whenever you have the time and depending upon how much work you want to take on, you can scale this up to a full-time thing pretty quickly (I’d give it a month or so) as you continually prove that you are a fast, efficient assistant.
About Virtual Assisting
Why Virtual Assisting might be for you:
- Set your own hours and have a flexible schedule.
- Work as much or as little as you want.
- Choose a general assistant path or a in-demand niche (even better!) and gain contacts to build your client base!
How to get this Work From Home position:
- The hiring process may vary from firm to firm but often there will be quite a few questions about your background, abilities, interests and future goals. Need some more skills? Check out these skill-building resources!
Keep in Mind
- Many VA firms will allow you to also work at their competitors at the same time (just be absolutely sure to read the fine print first or ask an account manager once you are hired!)
- Building a full-time income being a Virtual Assistant can take some time to ramp up. The more flexibility you have while you are getting clients in the beginning the faster you will likely be able to get to the workload you are seeking.
Companies that offer Virtual Assistant positions:
- VickyVirtual – Traditional type of job application to work from home as a virtual assistant. Apply here.
- Fancy Hands – According to their website: “If you have fast internet connection and the ability to use common websites and software, this could be a lot of fun. We’re looking for smart people who want to help build a great company and get paid. Keep reading if you’re interested. Are you good on the phone and great at internet research? This could be the perfect position for you… Important You need to have an audio headset (with a microphone) to do this job (in some cases iPhone headphones work just fine). To start, you’ll get paid per task depending on how quickly the task is finished, what time of day it is, and how complicated the task is. For example, let’s say you have 5 different tasks to make reservations at a restaurant. To start, tasks are worth anywhere from $3.00 to $7 per task and go up from there. If interested, you may be promoted to a managerial type position, managing other assistants and helping ensure everything runs smoothly. Payments go out every other week (on Tuesday) via Dwolla”. To apply, click here!
- Time, etc. – Seeking Virtual Assistant: Competitive with a longer application but certainly not impossible to get hired. Pays $11/ hour. Apply here.
- LifeBushido – “Lifebushido believes that people at home, such as stay-at-home-moms, are an incredibly capable and vastly underutilized group of people for getting great work completed.
- The work involves all the work needed to run the ventures listed on this website.
- The work starts at 5 hours per week. If your work is good, you can increase to up to 20 hours per week. After a few months, we mutually explore your unique talents and the needs of Lifebushido ventures to determine the best work to fit your unique talents.
- We hire people from around the world. Lifebushido is run solely by people working part-time from home around the world.
If interested in finding out more information and applying for a job, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an email to get details about our company and start the job application process.”
- Assistant Match – Here you can register to become a Virtual Assistant where, if chosen to proceed, you’ll talk to an account manager and be matched with those in need of VA services. Apply here.
- Belay – Hiring Virtual Assistants to work as much or as little as they like! 5 years combined experience as a virtual assistant, project manager or in a support type role. Apply here.
Do you have questions about becoming a virtual assistant, or have virtual assistant companies to add to this list? Please share in the comments below. I’m here to help!