Work From Home making money as a Scorer/ Grader
This post may contain affiliate links which create a commission to help support the maintenance of this site. Rest assured, there is no additional cost to you should you decide to make a purchase and I only recommend items I myself would use.
When I first began my Work from Home journey I never imagined the wide array of opportunities there would be! If you had asked me 5 years ago what I might come across I probably would have told you most were scams or there might be some work sending out these sales postcards… I’m so glad I’ve learned what I have about opportunities such as scoring and grading so I can share it with you!
Scoring and grading is an opportunity to assist various educational institutions with grading assessments or essays, typically but not always children’s standardized essays or exams. If you’ve got a bachelor’s degree and are just starting out scoring and/or grading can be so great. Oftentimes they are flexible as far as what hours you have to work and it’s a nice way to get at least a little experience while determining what you’d like to do. Also a fantastic option for someone who perhaps due to life circumstances (such as having kids and being a stay at home parent!) you’ve been out of the workforce for a while but would like to earn some money from home.
Scoring and Grading Jobs from Home
Why online scoring/ grading might be for you:
- Set your own hours and have a flexible schedule.
- Work as much or as little as you want.
How to get this Work From Home position:
- The hiring process may vary from firm to firm but often there will be quite a few questions about your background, abilities, interests and future goals.
Keep in Mind
- Based on my experience, many of these roles could be seasonal. However, this opportunity combined with another flexible work from home position could give you the stability that you need to keep that coffee cup full.
- Most if not all these companies will require that you have at least an associate’s degree if not a bachelor’s
Companies that offer scoring and/or grading positions:
- ETS – “Constructed-response scoring professionals evaluate samples of performance such as written short answers or essays, spoken responses and portfolios. Work takes place online and at scoring sites throughout the United States.” Apply here.
- Measurement, Inc – “For remote readers: Access to a home computer, secure high-speed internet, and a work area that can be secured.” A bachelor’s degree in any topic is acceptable. Training is paid! Apply here.
- WriteScore – Score student’s writing prompt responses. No experience necessary. “Our scoring season will begin with the first training in early July. We are looking for conscientious people to read and score student responses. Evaluators first undergo training, pass the qualifying levels, and then score actual student responses. During training, trainees will analyze student papers to learn the scoring system, score practice papers, and discuss the results with lead trainers. Additionally, all trainees must pass a qualifying test to become a scorer. Write Score has scorer positions available throughout the school year and the position requires scorers who have 4-year college degree and pass the final qualifying test.” Pay is rumored to start at $9/hour but could be over $14. Apply here.
- Pearson – “Pearson is the most comprehensive provider of educational assessment products, services and solutions. A trusted partner in district, state, and national assessments for more than 50 years, Pearson helps administrators, teachers, parents, and students use assessment and research to promote learning and academic achievement.” If you are located in the US, have a bachelor’s degree, a phone and internet, you can do this scoring job! You’ll fill out an application, a survey and then do a test to see if you are a good fit to score assessments for them. Apply here.
What attracted you to this list? Will you be applying?